Every year, I try to set a few hours aside to work on one of my upstream projects, pastebinit.
This is one of these projects which mostly “just works” with quite a lot of users and quite a few of them sending merge proposals and fixes in bug reports.
I’m planning on uploading pastebinit 1.3 right before Feature Freeze, either on Wednesday or early Thursday, delaying the release as much as possible to get a few last translations in.
If you speak any language other than English, please go to:
Any help getting this as well translated as possible would be appreciated, for Ubuntu users, you’ll have to deal with it for the next 5 years, so it’s kind of important
Now the changes, they’re pretty minimal but still will make some people happy I’m sure:
- Finally merged pbget/pbput/pbputs from Dustin Kirkland, these 3 tools let you securely push and retrieve files using a pastebin. It’s using a mix of base64, tar and gpg as well as some wget and parsing to retrieve the data.
These are nice scripts to use with pastebinit, though please don’t send huge files to the pastebins, they really aren’t meant for that
- Removed stikked.com from the supported pastebins as it’s apparently dead.
- Now the new pastebins:
- http://paste.drizzle.org thanks to Monty Taylor
- http://paste.openstack.org thanks to Soren Hansen
- http://paste.pocoo.org thanks to Stefano Rivera
- http://paste.pound-python.org thanks to well … me
- paste.debian.net should now work fine with the ‘-f’ (format) option, thanks for their work on making their form pastebinit-friendly.
- pastebinit should now load pastebin definition files properly from multiple locations.
Starting with /usr/share/pastebin.d, then going through /etc/pastebin.d, /usr/local/etc/pastebin.d, ~/.pastebin.d and finally <wherever pastebinit is>/.pastebin.d
- A few other minor improvements and fixes merged by Rolf Leggewie over the last year or so, thanks again for taking care of these!
Testing of the current trunk before release would also be greatly appreciate, you can get the code with: bzr branch lp:pastebinit
Bug reports are welcome at: https://launchpad.net/pastebinit/+filebug